How we started

djiowski

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 12, 2015
A few weeks ago our neighbor's dog brought a Plymouth Rock hen to our place. We live in Northeastern Texas a 14 acres. Since our front and side yards are fenced we saved the hen inside the front yard. We didn't know whose chicken it was, so we fed and watered it. She now has a coop and about 5 days ago started laying eggs. Since we have a local farm to market store close, we are considering selling eggs. We look forward to learning about the business as a hobby and maybe a little extra cash.

Thanks for being here for us.

Jan and Dave Kiowski

Do you have any other chickens? You might want to get her some chicken friends because chickens are a flock bird and do better when they are with others. Plus you'll have more eggs to sell 😁
inCollage_20200102_140930386.jpg

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

So glad you decided to keep and take care of her! Yes, you might get her a friend, chickens are flock animals and don't do well alone. Good luck with her and if you have any questions about anything, be sure and ask us. Welcome aboard! :)

:welcome :frow I sell eggs on our property. The rules for selling eggs are the same here. You won't get rich selling eggs. Most of the time I have enough to buy the feed but there are times when it comes out of my pocket. There is a market down the road that did buy eggs but it got to the point that I was buying the feed out of my pocket after the store took their cut so now I only sell them at our farm.
IMG_20190216_142544.jpg

Back
Top Bottom