How/What do I feed my chicks to produce the best egg production.

christina1982

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 25, 2011
Louisiana
My name is Christina and I am new to raising chicks. We raised then when I was little but that was forever ago

I have 2 White Rock (3 months), 2 Commets and 2 Black Sex-links (1 week). My question is how and what do I feed the eldest to get a great egg production? I currently feed them Start & Grow (Medicated). I heard someone say that I should feed them that till around 4 1/2 months, but then someone said I should start them on the Purina Mills Layena at around 4 months because they need the extra's for egg production, dare I even ask whee the oyster shells come in lol???

Can someone give me some ideas for routine feeding from 3 months on up?

Thanks,
Christina

Start & Grow is made to feed them till they are of laying age. When you see the first egg, you can switch them to layer pellets/crumble and add a separate feeder with oyster shell for egg shell quality.

I feed chicks Start and Grow until they finish the one bag. I then move them onto Flock Raiser like everyone else. I provide a container of oyster shell for them if they want it.

My girls just started laying and I'm getting big pretty eggs! This is 5 new layers in 1 week

1659_ee.jpg

Back
Top Bottom