how/where to store eggs before putting them in the incubator

I keep mine on the dining room table..DH says I can have 1/2 of the table because that way he still has half if he wants to use it for something.....lol, I put the extra leaf in just so I could have more room.

getting the bator ready now ,i will be putting the eggs in within the next day or two , now i just need a good excuse to tell my husband why im stealing all the chicken eggs and why i'm putting the leaf back in the dining room table, guess i will just tell him thats what the experts on byc said to do! it's ok pinkchick does it ,hope it works. just kidding , i need to get through my first hatch/try to hatch with an incubator , im a nervous wreck , thanks again for all the info i needed it.

Thank you so much for posting that link on storing and hatching chicken eggs....giving accurate temperatures, humidity, and ventilation. This is my very first time attempting to incubate some eggs from my neighbor who has some RIR and Plymouth Rocks. I made a homemade incubator following the steps on Youtube. I'll have to keep you posted on the outcome.

Thanks so much!
I have a feeling this is going to be addicting.
Debbie

I'm no expert. But to my understanding you want to turn them at least onceonc twice a day.
According to the info posted earlier in this thread, if you don't rotate your eggs the yolk will touch the inside of the shell and cause issues.

Back
Top Bottom