How would RIR and Silkies coexist together?

LilyChicken111

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 4, 2012
hello, i really like Rhode island reds and silkies, and i want to know if they would coexist well together? Or if the RIRs would be too aggressive toward the Silkies and i would have to put them in separate coops? Also, would it still be all friendly or at least normal in the coop if i added Cochins to the flock? thank you
wee.gif

I've had them both together, and they have done well. I suspect that the RIR will be at the top of the pecking order but I haven't had any bad experiences with the two together.

I have had both kinds of roosters. They were rehomed because they were aggressive. I think the RIR became stew, and the silkies became beloved pets.

I've had them both together, and they have done well. I suspect that the RIR will be at the top of the pecking order but I haven't had any bad experiences with the two together.

I have had both kinds of roosters. They were rehomed because they were aggressive. I think the RIR became stew, and the silkies became beloved pets.
i'm not a big fan of roosters so everything should be just fine then with the hens. thank you

I currently have a 15 week RIR (production red?) cockerel and a 16 week silkie pullet who have been raised together, and they are just fine together. I also have a very LARGE BO cockerel that is 15 weeks and the silkie and he are BFFs. They are always together. Laying in the sun, or eating, ect. It is really cute.

Back
Top Bottom