How would this make you feel?

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
Let's say you had a good friend, you spent a lot of time together for a couple of years. Then they had some family issues, you said you would be there , but knew they needed space to deal,they also told you they needed space, so you left them alone.
After that, you then had family issues, things got better pretty quick. You also had some wonderful things pop up in your life too. The "friend" never called, texted a couple of times, but it was always short.

Would you feel abandoned, would you think they did not want to be in your life any longer?

Just curious about this.

I'd probably call my friend and start talking again, but if they don't ever call me at all, I'd probably feel abandoned.

<3ChickenForever :

I'd probably call my friend and start talking again, but if they don't ever call me at all, I'd probably feel abandoned.

I agree. I had a "friend" that I faithfully called her. One day I finally thought about it and wondered why am I the only one doing the calling, so that day I decided to let her call me for a change. My phone has yet to ring
idunno.gif

I feel like she wants to be friends but doesn't want to make the effort to pick up the phone, so I guess in a sense I feel abandoned.​

Quote:
I agree. I had a "friend" that I faithfully called her. One day I finally thought about it and wondered why am I the only one doing the calling, so that day I decided to let her call me for a change. My phone has yet to ring
idunno.gif

I feel like she wants to be friends but doesn't want to make the effort to pick up the phone, so I guess in a sense I feel abandoned.

I should have added in my post, I have called, she does not have voicemail and does not answer.

Quote:
idunno.gif

I feel like she wants to be friends but doesn't want to make the effort to pick up the phone, so I guess in a sense I feel abandoned.

It's happened to me before (not exactly like that) but I know how you feel. It takes 2 to make a friendship. and if she doesn't make an effort, go on with your life.

Some friendships are for a season, and that is usually because one person or the other decided to stop putting forth an effort yto maintain that friendship.

I would be hurt, but I would also know that I did my part. I had a really close friend for 12 years. She moved away and we went on vacation to gether, she would come visit and stay with me. Then one day out of the blue she stopped calling, refused to answer her phone, never responded to emails. And all I really wanted to know was why? I know I did my part, so there is something on her end that she can live with because I tried.

I have to say, so sorry to hear that, but don't take it to heart.......Some friendships only last a while.......Some last forever......
hugs.gif

Honestly, I am not that bothered by it, yeah it does hurt some, but then again, less drama in my life.

Quote:
This recently happened to me in the fall. I felt confused at first and then I just accepted it, its still sort of weird as to what is going on. But I felt real hurt by it. They had some massive family health issues and I was there through it all, with what ever they needed, she needed. Spend countless of hours listening, comforting, helping out with the kids when she couldn't, took the kids when she was away at the hospital for extended periods of time and then when everything was fine I got nothing but silence, no more phone calls, no texts, some FB messages but they were short and were of no reference what so ever to our friendship. Just a question here or there about the kids school or what ever. Still now I see her at school functions or shopping and we chit chat for a few minutes and I get the same conversation, oh when I get some time we should get together for coffee. but she never calls. Mind you I did try calling her and I did invite her over for coffee, dinner or just go out the two of us or with the kids. I tried for a few months and she always said she couldn't because she was busy or her dh was not feeling well. Only to find out later she wasn't busy, or running into her dh in town and him asking why I haven't been by lately. I once told him she had said he was Ill and he looked confused so I took that as a sign and stopped trying. I can't offer you any suggestions, as I couldn't even come up with a solution to this myself. but yes I felt abandoned, maybe even used.

Ema

Back
Top Bottom