How would you like to wake up to this?? (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job...i would have killed in in a heartbeat....be it harmless or not....my toddler doesn't know the difference between poisonous and non poisonous. ....I would not chance him getting bit either way....same thing with coyotes or anything else near my animals or family..... I will relocate it too....with a shovel and a hole....once they get bit..its too late then...I'm glad you got it....

i think it's a SERIOUS SHAME that the snake was killed when it was a BENEFICIAL creature ....
hit.gif
... livestock= mice and rats =snakes . Snakes EAT mice and rats which will spread disease and eat /maim your poultry....by killing it you "cut off your nose to spite your face"....saaaaad.

Holy crap! what kind of snake is it EEkk!!! Snakes are okay for me we have lots of garden snakes around here. we catch em and then let them go, it's fun. LOL!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
You are joking right? Some animals need to be killed, I think cats are a better choice to get rid of mice and rats around the farm. Big snakes eat eggs and chicks and can cause a lot of harm.

Last edited:
I found one in my nesting box one day too. I did not kill it. I watch it go back out of the coop so I could tell where it was getting in. I sealed the hole and I have not had another snake since. Mine was a rat snake.
48712_008.jpg

Okay, Peeps, we know how it is. Some are scared silly of snakes, some just hate them, and some will tolerate some and not others. There are even a few that will respect all, even the poisonous ones. There is no need to argue or ridicule, it won't change anyones's position. My DH is of the "only good snake is a dead snake" camp and I will catch and relocate all but the poisonous ones (rattle snakes and water mocs.) For those, I call my DH and let him take care of it. On our place, the snakes's fate depends on who see's it! LOL! I can see each position and while I don't agree with all, I understand and respect you for your decision. Now...group hug!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom