How would you protect your animals from nuclear fallout?

Pics
Paper is a sufficient barrier to protect from for alpha particles. Beta doesn't take that much either (aluminum siding, or maybe even some fabrics).

You have to assume there will be gamma radiation with most nuclear explosions and meltdowns. That's the one where you'll want lead (inches thick) or thick concrete walls (feet thick).

The man issue is what are you going to do for water long term, once your bunker stores are used up. Reverse osmosis can run without electricity, but someone is going to have to go outside and dip buckets in the river and carry it to your filtration system (assuming your electric pump is out of commission). In that case, you might need a mule-powered water wagon.
I actually thought about that...my underground shelter is actually my well house also, and I have a back up solar pump and wind turbine (in case nuclear winter blots out the sun) and every time I empty a plastic container like peanut butter, mayo, juice, etc...I wash and save it so that way I can give out water to those who need it

I actually thought about that...my underground shelter is actually my well house also, and I have a back up solar pump and wind turbine (in case nuclear winter blots out the sun) and every time I empty a plastic container like peanut butter, mayo, juice, etc...I wash and save it so that way I can give out water to those who need it
It's good you've thought of these contingencies related to solar irradiation.

There's evidence that Earth's production of biomass, including plants, was reduced after the Mount Vesuvius eruption in the first century AD. Ash in the stratosphere blocked the sun and reduced solar penetration to the Earth's surface, as measured by the distance between tree rings following the eruption.

I don't understand why they would blame cow farts. I milked many cows many times, when I was 14 & again in college...never heard a single cow fart! Or is it just beef cattle that fart? 🤔 😆

Hey, might be a huge opportunity for GasX if that many cows are farting...maybe we should buy some stock 🤣
You know they're actually developing cow feed that reduces gas emissions from cows. And if I recall, it's the burps not the farts. The cow feed with reduced gas production is sea-weed based. It sounds ridiculous, but there's some legit research on it.

Back
Top Bottom