Howdy all, from Colorado

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ZooNana, Jan 5, 2010.

1. ZooNana

ZooNana Chillin' With My Peeps

OK I give in, I'm joining. I've been reading here for years but never joined.

I'm Leia, I live in Colorado, just east of Colorado Springs. I'm a homeschooling mother of 7. We've had chickens for 5 years now. I often kick myself for waiting so long to have them, we just love them so much. Our flock is dwindling to less than 2 doz now (because of the bad winter and rotten neighbor's dogs) but we'll be increasing those numbers exponentially this spring.

Our little farm/ranch is now also a home to 2 new miniature horses. We've always wanted horses and we were finally able to get some a few weeks ago.

My goal this spring is to start raising quail and a few turkeys too. That's why I decided to finally join in over here, I have lots of questions about the quail.

I'd also like to set up a small coop this year for my mother, who lives in city limits. (she wouldn't need more than 3-4 hens) She loves our chickens but can't get out here very often, so I think it's time she had her own. She can come pick her favorites from ours. I've yet to tell her of my plans for her though [​IMG]

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    [​IMG] from NM!

3. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG] ffrom Alaska

glad you decided to join us.

4. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] from Texas!

5. Julie_A

Julie_A Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Brewton, Ala.
    [​IMG] from southwest Alabama!

Our folks are in Montrose, Colo.!!! Love your state!

6. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from PA! Mom of SEVEN?! [​IMG] and you're homeschooling? Wow - that's an accomplishment in itself! [​IMG]

7. Woods_Woman

Woods_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2009
    Oregon Rain Forest
    [​IMG] From Oregon. Glad your here joining us. [​IMG]

8. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Howdy neighbor! I am just south of the Springs. I started raising quail a month ago and now I have a whole incubator full of eggs that should hatch on the 10th. I also have ducks. There is a great sticky in the quail section with lots of information.

9. ZooNana

ZooNana Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you all!

Wifezilla, I may have to pick your brain a bit. I'm having trouble finding out the legalities of owning/raising quail here.

10. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Hello and welcome! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by