Howdy BYC! Newbie here in the desert SW Arizona.

BigPil

Chirping
Dec 3, 2020
SW Arizona
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
New to chickens. Been researching for a little over a year. Currently prepping about a half acre of my land to get ready for chickens and a nice little veggie garden.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
No chickens yet. Considering 10+ laying hens and an undecided number for meat.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Undecided. Open to recommendations from experienced BYCers. Egg color is a non issue. Good eggs, good meat and good temperament are priority. Also, heat resistant birds(if there are such things) are pretty much a must. It gets HOT here in the summer.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Eat more eggs and Eat more chicken! And chickens are pretty cool little critters to be honest.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, camping, aerial photography, guns, cooking, masonry.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My family is crazy. Got a sun conure, a loud and obnoxious little weenie dog and the coolest rescue heeler ever to walk this earth. I do stuff for a living. I also have a culinary background, but it didn’t earn me enough money.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Found BYC through interweb research on raising chickens. Been “peeping” the forum for some time now. Just pulled the trigger on the full fledge chicken and garden project, so I figured I may as well join in the fun here.

20201115_191216.jpg

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
New to chickens. Been researching for a little over a year. Currently prepping about a half acre of my land to get ready for chickens and a nice little veggie garden.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
No chickens yet. Considering 10+ laying hens and an undecided number for meat.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Undecided. Open to recommendations from experienced BYCers. Egg color is a non issue. Good eggs, good meat and good temperament are priority. Also, heat resistant birds(if there are such things) are pretty much a must. It gets HOT here in the summer.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Eat more eggs and Eat more chicken! And chickens are pretty cool little critters to be honest.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, camping, aerial photography, guns, cooking, masonry.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My family is crazy. Got a sun conure, a loud and obnoxious little weenie dog and the coolest rescue heeler ever to walk this earth. I do stuff for a living. I also have a culinary background, but it didn’t earn me enough money.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Found BYC through interweb research on raising chickens. Been “peeping” the forum for some time now. Just pulled the trigger on the full fledge chicken and garden project, so I figured I may as well join in the fun here.
Welcome to
Backyard Chickens 🐣🐥🐓
20201027_103847.png

Back
Top Bottom