Howdy Chicken Lovers !

ErnieBerley

Chirping
Aug 28, 2019
Marshall NC (western NC mountains)
I'm Ernie Hawkins living in the mountains near Asheville NC. I am new to chicks as of April this year 2019. I started with 5 Ameraucana chicks 1 weeks old from the local Feed/seed. They were supposed to be all hens, but after naming the small one Chicken Little, he's now at 5 months the largest MALE I have ..... One of the Ameraucana's got eaten by an owl also. Then I started looking into the Silkies and Polish and learned of Ayam cemani also. So now I have : 4 Ameraucana (1 roo, 3 hens), 1 year old spash slikie rooster that runs the flock, 2 Blue Polish Hens, 1 Golden Polish Hen and 2 male Ayam Cemani I got as babies in May.

Too many males !! but that what happens I assume. They are all just starting the male female stuff, the blue polish laid eggs starting Sept. 6 2019.

So that's me on the NC mountain top!
Thanks for reading. Ernie

Farmer Connie

Gallus gallus domesticus
Feb 28, 2017
Florida Peninsula
My Coop
My Coop
I'm Ernie Hawkins living in the mountains near Asheville NC. I am new to chicks as of April this year 2019. I started with 5 Ameraucana chicks 1 weeks old from the local Feed/seed. They were supposed to be all hens, but after naming the small one Chicken Little, he's now at 5 months the largest MALE I have ..... One of the Ameraucana's got eaten by an owl also. Then I started looking into the Silkies and Polish and learned of Ayam cemani also. So now I have : 4 Ameraucana (1 roo, 3 hens), 1 year old spash slikie rooster that runs the flock, 2 Blue Polish Hens, 1 Golden Polish Hen and 2 male Ayam Cemani I got as babies in May.

Too many males !! but that what happens I assume. They are all just starting the male female stuff, the blue polish laid eggs starting Sept. 6 2019.

So that's me on the NC mountain top!
Thanks for reading. Ernie
Hello & welcome:)

Pork Pie

Flockwit
Premium member
5 Years
Jan 30, 2015
Top Bottom