Howdy Chicken Lovers !

ErnieBerley

Songster
Aug 28, 2019
Marshall NC (western NC mountains)
I'm Ernie Hawkins living in the mountains near Asheville NC. I am new to chicks as of April this year 2019. I started with 5 Ameraucana chicks 1 weeks old from the local Feed/seed. They were supposed to be all hens, but after naming the small one Chicken Little, he's now at 5 months the largest MALE I have ..... One of the Ameraucana's got eaten by an owl also. Then I started looking into the Silkies and Polish and learned of Ayam cemani also. So now I have : 4 Ameraucana (1 roo, 3 hens), 1 year old spash slikie rooster that runs the flock, 2 Blue Polish Hens, 1 Golden Polish Hen and 2 male Ayam Cemani I got as babies in May.

Too many males !! but that what happens I assume. They are all just starting the male female stuff, the blue polish laid eggs starting Sept. 6 2019.

So that's me on the NC mountain top!
Thanks for reading. Ernie

I'm Ernie Hawkins living in the mountains near Asheville NC. I am new to chicks as of April this year 2019. I started with 5 Ameraucana chicks 1 weeks old from the local Feed/seed. They were supposed to be all hens, but after naming the small one Chicken Little, he's now at 5 months the largest MALE I have ..... One of the Ameraucana's got eaten by an owl also. Then I started looking into the Silkies and Polish and learned of Ayam cemani also. So now I have : 4 Ameraucana (1 roo, 3 hens), 1 year old spash slikie rooster that runs the flock, 2 Blue Polish Hens, 1 Golden Polish Hen and 2 male Ayam Cemani I got as babies in May.

Too many males !! but that what happens I assume. They are all just starting the male female stuff, the blue polish laid eggs starting Sept. 6 2019.

So that's me on the NC mountain top!
Thanks for reading. Ernie
Hello & welcome:)

Back
Top Bottom