1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Howdy from Alabama

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MasonMan, Jul 3, 2013.

1. MasonMan

MasonMan New Egg

Jul 3, 2013
    Howdy from Alabama. I live in rural southwest Alabama, and kept chickens as a kid and have wanted to have some layers around the house after buying fresh eggs from a neighbor. A friend gave me and my wife two hens, a white rock and RIR, because they were moving and could not take the chickens. I'm finishing up a large chicken tractor and we are looking for a few more hens, maybe 4 more and a rooster, preferably some Orpingtons or Barred Rocks.....would love to find some Orpingtons in another color than Buff.......Tuscaloosa & Mobile AL areas and Meridian, Laurel-Hattiesburg, Jackson areas in Miss are all close to us.

2. Howdy neighbor.

Welcome to BYC!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, MasonMan, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! I'm not too keen on the lineage but I believe a Black Australorp is simply a Black Orpington. Might want to check that out. I have a couple - great birds. You can post in the AL and MS threads in the link below - maybe a local can hook you up with some birds. Best wishes!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

5. CedarAcres

CedarAcres Sunny Side Up

Mar 18, 2013
    Connecticut
    My Coop
    Hello! Welcome to BYC! [​IMG] Definitely post in your local thread. That would be your best bet for finding someone near you! Good luck!

[​IMG]

6. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] good luck with your search!

7. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by