Howdy from Arizona!

AZDanielle

Hatching
May 2, 2015
Chandler, AZ
Hi there -
I just joined BackYard Chickens! We currently live in Chandler AZ. I am excited to learn more about chickens! I never thought I would say I love chickens but I sure do love our small flock of 9 girls - (Little, Monny, Hope, Faith, Courage, Nibble, Anna, Elsa, Tiana and Nibble).

I'm so excited that my kids also love them. So far they are the best pets we've ever had and it will be even more exciting when we get our first eggs.

Can't wait to connect with other chicken lovers both here in AZ and everywhere else!

Thanks,
Danielle

Welcome to BYC, Danielle! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sounds like you have a nice flock. Love their names! I also name mine. I only have five and their names are Gracie, Daisy, Sunny, Quanie and Rosie. What breeds are your girls?

Raising chickens as a family is such a great experience! Children and chickens were just meant to be. And collecting eggs is so egg-citing especially for kids!
We are glad you joined us! Feel free to ask any questions. Can't wait to chat more with you around BYC
frow.gif

Welcome to BYC, Danielle! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sounds like you have a nice flock. Love their names! I also name mine. I only have five and their names are Gracie, Daisy, Sunny, Quanie and Rosie. What breeds are your girls?

Raising chickens as a family is such a great experience! Children and chickens were just meant to be. And collecting eggs is so egg-citing especially for kids!
We are glad you joined us! Feel free to ask any questions. Can't wait to chat more with you around BYC
frow.gif
Thanks! We have a Rhode Island Red, 2 Black Sex Links, White Leghorn, Americana, 2 Isa Brown's and 2 Barred Rocks. We had one rooster who had to find a new home whose name ironically was Chicky.
The white leghorn (Little is her name) is so tolerant of my three year old who likes to carry her around and place princesses on her head...She is my favorite!

Welcome to BYC, Danielle. Glad you decided join our flock. Your hens have some cute names. Do I detect a Frozen fan? My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) names our hens after Disney princesses, so we have an Elsa and an Anna in our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter loves our chickens. You have some excellent layers. Black Sex Links are my personal favorites as they are friendly and hardy egg laying machines. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds and hybrids), and they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. You should get loads of large, brown eggs from those two girls (also from your Isa Browns). :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your girls.

Thanks! We have a Rhode Island Red, 2 Black Sex Links, White Leghorn, Americana, 2 Isa Brown's and 2 Barred Rocks. We had one rooster who had to find a new home whose name ironically was Chicky.
The white leghorn (Little is her name) is so tolerant of my three year old who likes to carry her around and place princesses on her head...She is my favorite!

Aww cute! Enjoy them!

Nice to meet you Danielle, if you post on the Arizona thread, you may find you have chicken neighbors. Welcome to BYC.

Back
Top Bottom