Howdy from Arkansas!

FreedomLover

Songster
11 Years
Feb 27, 2010
Romance
Well, obviously I'm a new BYC member lol
woot.gif

Now for my intro. My DH and I are currently truck drivers, teaming across the US of A in order to make enough money to pay off our little slice of heaven (3 acres in rural Arkansas). 21 more months and we can afford to start driving part time local jobs (mostly him) while we begin working on our dream of becoming more self sufficient.

Part of that dream is raising some or most of our own food through gardening and small animal husbandry. Which is how I found BYC!
bow.gif
I look forward to picking the brains of the folks around here over the next several months as We work toward our goals.

We've already decided on the breed of chicken we will be raising (for both eggs and meat). I've looked at several breeds and we've decided to go with Buff Orpingtons.

I guess that's enough for here. I will be posting my questions in the appropriate forums as I think of them and figured out exactly how to word them! lol

Carol

White county here.

And yeppers I sure do love it there when we get a chance to visit the house! lol

Chickens for eggs and meat, rabbits for meat and fur, and dairy/meat goats. That's the ultimate plan.

Last edited:
Quote:
oh gosh, i am from searcy! my family has a bunch of land in floyd (red hill rd, between HWY 5 and HWY 31) and if you guys are from romance and beebe you know where that is...i was married there and spent weekends and summers there.

hiya!

Back
Top Bottom