Howdy from Kentucky!

Genesis coop

In the Brooder
Sep 19, 2019
South central Kentucky
Hope everyone is doing well!
So someone in my family said they'd give me a couple of bantam chickens if I built a coop to house them in. I'm out in the country, so I said sure, why not? I had no idea what I was doing, but how much trouble could 2 little chickens be?
That was several months ago...
He gave me 3, a rooster and 2 hens. I added 4 more hens, bantams, who eventually laid and hatched some eggs. That added 8 more, mostly mixed breed. I got a pair of golden sebrights, and also picked up some unwanted chicks. My total now is 20. I'm quickly learning that chicken math is really a thing!
This site was always coming up whenever I had to look up something chicken related, and theres still so much to learn, that I thought it'd be a great resource.

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
Hope everyone is doing well!
So someone in my family said they'd give me a couple of bantam chickens if I built a coop to house them in. I'm out in the country, so I said sure, why not? I had no idea what I was doing, but how much trouble could 2 little chickens be?
That was several months ago...
He gave me 3, a rooster and 2 hens. I added 4 more hens, bantams, who eventually laid and hatched some eggs. That added 8 more, mostly mixed breed. I got a pair of golden sebrights, and also picked up some unwanted chicks. My total now is 20. I'm quickly learning that chicken math is really a thing!
This site was always coming up whenever I had to look up something chicken related, and theres still so much to learn, that I thought it'd be a great resource.
Egg Basket.jpg
this is the place to be!

Top Bottom