Howdy from PA!

TroubledRooster

In the Brooder
Jun 16, 2022
Hi, I'm TroubledRooster! nice to meet you all, I'm not used to using forums so bear with me.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I've been around chickens my whole life so I honestly can't tell you, I believe I was about 5 when I got my first personal pet chicken, he was a gold laced polish rooster and he was my best friend growing up, he even protected me from a nasty little bantam rooster we had, so that's probably when it all started for me lol
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Around 45-50 free range birds, 2 ducks and 2 turkeys. I also have about 12 show chickens, probably not even a close count if I'm honest lol
(3) What breeds do you have?
Oh boy so there's a few so I'll put them into categories haha
Large Fowl - A single Delaware, Brahmas (all three varieties), Barnevelders, a black Ameraucana, a blue Ameraucana, a few easter eggers, one or two silkies, an ancient barred plymouth rock, dominiques, and a red ranger who we rescued a few years back, two slate cross turkeys and some barnyard mixes.
2 Khaki Campbell ducks
Bantams - Rhode Island Reds, Buff Rose Comb Leghorns, Birchen Modern Game, Wheaten Old English Game and Black Breasted Red Old English Game. I used to have a pet Cochin as well but he passed away february this year due to old age.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Honestly, Just hanging out with them on nice sunny days, no worries just me and my birds, It really helps with my anxiety. also I sometimes have fun starting crowing contests with my roosters.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I enjoy hiking, horseback riding, showing my birds at the local fair and fishing.. oh and cross stitching is quite enjoyable too!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Not too much to say really.. while most of my free time is spent with my chickens but I also have a horse who I spend the other half of my free time with, she's a Standardbred and a total sweetie. and I have two rescue cats as well, a grey tabby named Winnie and a fluffy brown tabby named Koda.

Picture_20220616_213624928.jpg.jpg

Thank you for the introduction :frow nice to meet you.

Back
Top Bottom