Howdy from Texas!

My chickens usually survive the heat and the cold here. Most of mine free range all the time, I do have pens but the doors are never shut so they roost on the pens and in the pens and some get in the barn with the quail. They are not too picky. And Weatherford isn't too far from me.

welcome-byc.gif
from Alaska

you will find all kinds of information here, and meet some really neat people too!

buckaroo's wife :

Thanks!

Did you find your coop design on BYC?

Hello again, and sorry I took so long to reply. Unfortunately I didn't find my coop design on BYC. I had to buy my coop in a hurry because we adopted a hen who was wandering our neighborhood (or maybe she adopted us?) and the weather was turning cold and wet. We didn't have time to build one, although I wish now we had after seeing pics of so many great coops on BYC. We bought a coop just big enough for 3-4 hens (how VERY foolish), and I'm not happy with the ventilation or the limited room I have to reach in to keep it clean. But on the bright side, I got my very first egg yesterday (YIPPEEE) and I'm already looking forward to my next coop..... My advice from my very limited experience - do a lot of reading up on good coop design, take your time, and HAVE FUN. The folks on this site are wonderful for sharing all of their knowledge with the rest of us new-to-chickens people!​

Back
Top Bottom