Howdy from Texas

RAM4171

In the Brooder
5 Years
Nov 24, 2014
I just thought I'd say howdy to everyone, I've been lurking here and there for a while now and thought I'd join. I don't have any birds yet, moved out to the middle of nowhere this summer and can't wait to get my flock going next Spring. I've been doing research on here and all over the web for which breed I would like to go with and it looks like the white Dorking is it. I was initially concerned about a white bird and predators but I've only seen coyotes out during the day a couple of times and that was before we moved. My plan is to build a sustainable flock of dual purpose birds. My end goal is to eventually become as food self sufficient as I can. Thanks to all for the wealth of knowledge that is provided here.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
Glad you joined us. Feel free to ask anything, anytime :)

Good luck with your first flock when they arrive!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Good luck with all your poultry projects! Make yourself at home here and if you do have any questions along the way, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. What part of Texas are you from? My wife and I were both raised in the great state of Texas. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom