1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Howdy from the Texas Panhandle!!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by katiebelle, Jan 8, 2009.

1. katiebelle

katiebelle Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2009
    Amarillo, TX
    Hi I am Katie grown daughter to BYC member Amyquilt!

Mom has been a member of BYC for several months and finally convinced me to finally join myself.

We had chickens for a short while when I was a kid and I loved them. After that we moved to the city and couldn't have them for many years.

Just in the last couple of years our interest in chickens has re-surfaced and I'm totally enjoying the joys of having chickens once again!

My first "very own" chicken is Kota (short for Dakota), she is a Frizzle bantam from my Mom's first hatch from DipsyDoodleDoo eggs. Kota lives in the house as our others do and loves to be held! She loves to sit on my shoulder and bury herself in my hair and also gives wonderful kisses!

2. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Hello there [​IMG]

3. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    i see you love chickens have you tried hatching or icubating your self you will be spending alot of time on here we also have a live chat to join in on if you like heres the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/chat.php if you think you are addicted to chickens now just wait this place will make you go crazzy over chickens lol also [​IMG]

4. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    [​IMG] KaTiE BeLLe, I just adore those frizzled babies, I hatched three from Dipsy myself, sadly I have lost two to my dgd's pup. Looking forward to getting some more hatching eggs from Dipsy this spring.

Lots of things to learn here, glad to have you and enjoy!!!!

5. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    'Bout time you joined, girly!!!!

[​IMG]

6. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    [​IMG]

7. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] Katie Belle!!

8. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

9. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

10. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    WELCOME!!!!!! Please drop in the crochet thread, join the swap or just chat and make new friends..sooooo happy to have you!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by