Howdy from the Verde Valley and Northern Arizona!

RedRockFarmer

Hatching
5 Years
Jan 29, 2014
Verde Valley - Sedona, Arizona
Hi everyone! My wife and I live in the Verde Valley in Northern Arizona and we just began our adventure in farming and raising chickens! We have been eating organically(chemical/pesticide) free for quite some time and the obvious next step towards being self sustainable would be to raise and grow our own food. We are starting with a small flock of birds. Our hens consist of a what I think is an Americauna, a Rhode Island Red, a Barred Rock, and our amazing Blue Andalusian Rooster. Here are a few pictures of the flock and our first egg from our Barred Rock! I'm real excited about our new adventure and look forward to sharing pictures and stories with you all. If you have any advice or suggestions for us new farmers, we would really appreciate it! Thanks BYC

Very nice flock you have. Welcome to BYC!
D.gif

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. You have a beautiful flock! I think that you're mostly correct on the breeds, but your Ameraucana is actually an Easter Egger.

Hi there and welcome to BYC!

You have a gorgeous flock! And I love your avatar pic too. I am a push over for red rock.
lol.png

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

Thank you so much everyone @Kelsie2290 @roostersandhens @TwoCrows @liz9910 @Marthab1953 ! And after doing some research, you are absolutely right @Wyandottes7 My so called "Ameraucauna" is a Easter Egger! Thanks for the corrections!

Back
Top Bottom