Howdy from the Verde Valley and Northern Arizona!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RedRockFarmer, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Hi everyone! My wife and I live in the Verde Valley in Northern Arizona and we just began our adventure in farming and raising chickens! We have been eating organically(chemical/pesticide) free for quite some time and the obvious next step towards being self sustainable would be to raise and grow our own food. We are starting with a small flock of birds. Our hens consist of a what I think is an Americauna, a Rhode Island Red, a Barred Rock, and our amazing Blue Andalusian Rooster. Here are a few pictures of the flock and our first egg from our Barred Rock! I'm real excited about our new adventure and look forward to sharing pictures and stories with you all. If you have any advice or suggestions for us new farmers, we would really appreciate it! Thanks BYC
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]
    Lovely flock you have there!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  3. Very nice flock you have. Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

4. Looks like I was thinking the same as you. [​IMG]

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you. You have a beautiful flock! I think that you're mostly correct on the breeds, but your Ameraucana is actually an Easter Egger.

6. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC! Your rooster is stunning.

7. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hi there and welcome to BYC!

You have a gorgeous flock! And I love your avatar pic too. I am a push over for red rock. [​IMG]

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

8. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Lovely flock!

9. Thank you so much everyone @Kelsie2290 @roostersandhens @TwoCrows @liz9910 @Marthab1953 ! And after doing some research, you are absolutely right @Wyandottes7 My so called "Ameraucauna" is a Easter Egger! Thanks for the corrections!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by