Howdy from TX...new member here...

TXmom

Songster
11 Years
Dec 3, 2008
Sealy, TX (West Houston area)
Hi Everybody!

We just recently decided we want chickens, so I have been researching as much as I can on the internet. I found BYC and have been reading it for a few days now and I love it!!!
big_smile.png
So much great information here.

We moved out to the country, west of Houston, about 6 years ago. We are thinking about getting 6 chicks...maybe 2 each of RIR, Ideal 236 and Ameraucanas (all from Ideal, which is not that far from me). I still have lots of research to do, so this could change, and I greatly appreciate any advice y'all can give me. I won't ask any specific questions until I've done a lot more reading, since I'm sure the answers are already here.

I'd especially love to hear from all the Texans on this site!

Hello!!!!

Welcome I lived in the clear Lake area for about 6 years.
Now back home in Arkansas. Where I was raised.

You will recieve alot of good info here on BYC:clap

Dottie

Welcome...went to school at A&M and have family in Pearland...Are you thinking full size birds or bantams? Show quality?

Thanks for all the warm friendly welcomes
smile.png

We don't care about show quality, at least not yet...just pets and egg-layers. Also, we'd like full size...for full size eggs for eating and giving to family and friends. And I think it would be safer too, especially with our 2 dogs. Our springer spaniel is making me nervous about the idea of chickens here...she just LOVES birds and anything else small (like our rats and gerbil, which she tried to eat). Of course we will keep the baby chicks in a brooder inside until they are older, and then they'll be fenced in, away from the dogs. But still, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Hi there. I am out here where the wind blows over the plains.

I grew up in East Texas, Livingston then Dayton.

Back
Top Bottom