Howdy, glad to be here...

NancyWorld

Chirping
10 Years
Nov 16, 2012
I'm Nancy from the Phoenix, AZ area. We've had chickens for several years, as well as ducks and geese. We bought chicks at the feed store, including Auracana, Buff, Barred Rock and a couple of black breeds, but were eventually inundated with cross-breeds starting with a neighbor's visiting Banty. Chickens run around our agricultural neighborhood pretty freely and this one, the Mother of All Chickens, came here to stay, brood and raise babies in the bushes. We now have a motley crew of quasi-Banties who also like to raise babies in the bushes.

Our ducks and geese are more domesticated. We have 8 geese, 4 of whom are offspring from our male Grey Chinese goose and female American Buff. They are loud. We have a male Mallard and female American Black Duck who spend the night inside with our parrots, and 5 Pekins. I hand-raised the Grey Chinese male (Goose-Goose), the Mallard (Duck-Duck - there's a pattern here...) and one of the male Pekins (Little Duck, because he's enormous). I adore all of them, but the females are definitely sweeter. There is NOTHING sweeter than a female duck. :eek:)

Nancy

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Love the intro!

Hello from Kansas, Nancy, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Good to have you here! I agree with the females being sweeter - I only have one female duck but she is far kinder than the boys. So are my hen chickens compared to roosters. Good luck to you in your poultry pursuits!!

Back
Top Bottom