Howdy! New Chicken Mom Here

TexMum

Chirping
May 26, 2023
N Texas
Hey y’all!
I’m a mom to 2 humans and a new mom to 28 chickens in Texas! It was 30 but we lost 2 sadly. I intended on starting with 15 chicks and my husband decided to add 15 more by the end of the week so his chicken math was all out of whack! 🤪 They are now almost 10 weeks and so far doing well. We have what we think are 5 roosters so far from the bunch. They came from the feed store so according to what we got we have barred rocks, red and black sex links, Rhode Island reds, blue stars, and silver laced wyandottes, however only 1 seems to be a Wyandotte lol We already have such a huge connection to our chickens and have loved seeing them go from tiny little fluff balls to mini chickens. I was a small animal vet tech for 7 years before my last baby, now I’m a sahm with all the chicken responsibilities. I joined in hopes of gaining knowledge and advice as this is my first time raising chickens. My husband has had chickens in the past but it’s been a minute. Any and all advice is welcome!👋

Hello and welcome to BYC! There is a wealth of knowledge and information on each of the various forums. You can learn by reading other's threads, or make a thread of your own if you have specific questions or concerns. BYC members are always happy to help. There are also lots of great articles written by BYC members. Have fun and enjoy your chicken journey!

Might as well get right into that chicken math immediately! Sounds like you're launching your flock with some great breeds. And, you've joined a group of generous and knowledgeable folks who will be happy to help you with any and all challenges (except how to cure chicken math; none of us really have any good answers to that one!).

Welcome to BYC! Best wishes with your birds!

Back
Top Bottom