Howdy Y'all!!

Rampicruz

Chirping
Nov 23, 2020
Hi everyone! New member here!

I'll just get right to the good stuff...

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I am new to chicken and I just got my first 3 pullets (I sure hope) a little over a week ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I only have 3

(3) What breeds do you have?

Silver and Golden Laced Wyandottes

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

It is do amazing watching these babies grow! It is happening right before my eyes. I am fascinated with their behaviors and personalities. I could watch them for hours.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Hobbies and Interests: Horseback riding and horse care. Writing. Line dancing. Antiques. History. Caring for and loving all my pets. Homesteading. Prospecting.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My fiance and I have 3 dogs, 3 cats, 3 chickens, and 2 equids (horse and mini donkey). We are set to get married in May 2021 and unfortunately had to postpone the first try at getting married because of the pandemic. We are enjoying growing our little backyard farm and hopefully there will be children down the road to enjoy it and learn from as well.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I started searching on Google for information on pullet vs cockrel signs in SLW and GLW. My babies are only 3.5 weeks and I've been very curious as to how they will turn out. Google led me to some great thread posts on BYC. Figured it might be good to have a community of BYC members to reach out to since I'm so knew to being a chicken mom.

I am new to chicken and I just got my first 3 pullets (I sure hope) a little over a week ago.

I only have 3

It is do amazing watching these babies grow! It is happening right before my eyes. I am fascinated with their behaviors and personalities. I could watch them for hours.

Hobbies and Interests: Horseback riding and horse care. Writing. Line dancing. Antiques. History. Caring for and loving all my pets. Homesteading. Prospecting.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My fiance and I have 3 dogs, 3 cats, 3 chickens, and 2 equids (horse and mini donkey). We are set to get married in May 2021 and unfortunately had to postpone the first try at getting married because of the pandemic. We are enjoying growing our little backyard farm and hopefully there will be children down the road to enjoy it and learn from as well.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I started searching on Google for information on pullet vs cockrel signs in SLW and GLW. My babies are only 3.5 weeks and I've been very curious as to how they will turn out. Google led me to some great thread posts on BYC. Figured it might be good to have a community of BYC members to reach out to since I'm so knew to being a chicken mom.

I only have 3

Welcome to
Backyard Chickens

20201027_103847.png

Welcome. I am not on here as much as I should be, but I have always found helpful and quality info. Good luck with your babies. I have 2 barnyard mix chickens almost 6 months, and just got 2 Calico/Porcelain Orpingtons, they are about 10 week's old, and going to be interesting. But my heart really belongs to my ducks.

Welcome. I am not on here as much as I should be, but I have always found helpful and quality info. Good luck with your babies. I have 2 barnyard mix chickens almost 6 months, and just got 2 Calico/Porcelain Orpingtons, they are about 10 week's old, and going to be interesting. But my heart really belongs to my ducks.
Wow!!! What a variety!! I'm overwhelmed with 3 🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom