Howdy!

ShaeCole

Chirping
Mar 6, 2018
Myakka City, Florida
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I live on a small family farm and have raised chickens my entire life! One of my earliest memories is of running around our property carrying a little red hen.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
About 75 at the moment...

(3) What breeds do you have?
Mostly various layers - buff orpington crosses, cochins, marans, easter eggers, etc. I do have a few more ornamental breeds as well, such as silkies and an old english game hen. I also have various crosses (including a polish/yokohama crossed rooster that is beautiful) and several that are still a mystery!

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Google.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Other barn fowl (I also raise ducks, geese, and turkeys), reptiles, goats, and gardening.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm a kindergarten teacher, I'm getting married this year, my little brother is in the Air Force, and I'm a born-and-bred Florida girl.

:welcome Howdy from Texas and welcome to our flock. Sounds like you got a good handle on raising chickens. So when you can you could hop on the forums and maybe have advice for someone. Plus you will be around all kinds of folks that just love raising chickens.:caf So thanks for joining us, pull up a chair and make yourself at home:thumbsup.:jumpy:bun

Back
Top Bottom