Howdy!

WyMommaD

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes, absolutely new, we got our first ones May 15, 2021.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We had 6 originally, but have 5 left that are thriving!

(3) What breeds do you have?
They are barred rock.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They are fun to watch! I got a kick out of watching them chase a fly in their coop. The eggs will be a great aspect when they start laying!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I am raising veggies, I like to crochet, love outdoor activities, and spending time with my grandkids!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We have two perfect grandchildren, one is 3 and the other 1 month old. The 3 year old checks on the "chick-chicks" numerous times a day! We also have a peek-a-poo who is 13 years old, and a tree-walking coonhound who is 3.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found BYC when looking for information about my chicks! I joined because you have so much information for me to peruse.

Welcome!!! Glad u found BYC and joined!
I'm a newby here as well so no info to share as I'm definitely learning myself. But just wanted to Welcome ya!
I too have a 3yr old grandson (in October) and he has a 3 month old lil brother and we have another grandson on the way due October!
Our Rottweiler passed away so we decided to go with something new n different...and here we are 4 chicks (3 silkies n 1 polish).

Back
Top Bottom