Howdy !

CrazyChknLady13

In the Brooder
Jun 24, 2022
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I had chickens when I was a kid but got away from farm life until 2017 when I jumped back in both feet!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? According to my chicken math I have 20 (47)

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have a few BYM due to sneaky roosters but most are specific to needs. I have Production Red hens and a rooster. Swedish Flower Hens, Black Copper Marans,New Jersey Giants, Speckled Sussex, Jubilee Orpington, a few EEs, one Red Sex Link.

I also have a pair of Cotton Patch Geese, Pekin/Swedish Blue crosses (2) , and 1 Pekin . Ducks are for eggs .

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? They have amazing personalities. Never a dull moment. I want to also start breeding the Swedes and Cotton Patch for breed preservation.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I have a farm for disabled kids. I teach Urban Agriculture and Vet Sciences through 4-H

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have an Autistic son and he's my farm assistant. His job is to tame the birds and spend time with the babies to make them easier to handle. He is most excellent at his job. My daughter is not a farm fan 😆

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :Dive been on this site before researching issues and decided since I want to do breed preservation I should go ahead and join.

Back
Top Bottom