How's about bait worms for treats?

Dr.Doorlock

Songster
11 Years
Oct 21, 2008
Garland, Texas
It's like watching a football game when I drop a giant earthworm into the run. One girl will grab it and run to one end. Then another will snap off half and run to the other end. All the way the other six will chase them until somebody eats the footballs.

This is too much fun to give up. Should I wash the worms rather than just wiping off the manure they live in? I also give them an occasional june bug. I was throwing cockroaches out there until we sprayed. Now I stick to worms, june bugs, moths and oh! Yeah!

KIX is fir CHICKS!

i have a worm bin that I give all my birds treats from, as long as I'm not running short on the days I want to go fishing
smile.png

Most of mine will try to steal the worm from each other. It is really entertaining. There are some that will just look at them as if they are thinking, And you expect me to do what with that"? Now that it is summer my babies in the brooder get bugs and little worms. That way when they go to live outside they will eat these on sight. I actually went outside and looked for worms and tossed them towards the older birds and they just walked away except for 1, the buff hen. She went nuts. We have had rain just about everyday for 2 weeks so it isn't hard to find worms.

Back
Top Bottom