How's My Chick Doin'?

How old do you think the chick is?

Yes he probably wants a perch to roost on. Also, maybe if you had a towel over part of the cage it would be warmer. Moving it inside would be better. :)

You can make apple cider vinegar from hard cider if you can find some; or get someone to give you a bottle. The Chicken Chick does this instead of buying it. Also you can get electrolytes-I've used both unflavored pedialyte and tablets. But don't give it to them everyday.

How old do you think the chick is?

Yes he probably wants a perch to roost on. Also, maybe if you had a towel over part of the cage it would be warmer. Moving it inside would be better. :)
My orange one is probably almost one month, I got it last Dec. 19, 2014 and now it's active and big. My other chick which is natural colored is probably few days or week old? I got it last Dec. 31, 2014. And Oh I do have a perch, they both loved it :D maybe next time I put the towel pnce I transfer them to a bigger cage.

You can make apple cider vinegar from hard cider if you can find some; or get someone to give you a bottle. The Chicken Chick does this instead of buying it. Also you can get electrolytes-I've used both unflavored pedialyte and tablets. But don't give it to them everyday.
Thanks but I really need other alternatives for that, cause I'm worried of their parasites inside them. Thanks for the suggestion though! :)

Thanks but I really need other alternatives for that, cause I'm worried of their parasites inside them. Thanks for the suggestion though!
smile.png
Parasites in what? The vinegar? Because there is no parasites in there unless you put them in there. Vinegar has bacteria in it to help keep the process of fermentation for the bacteria to live. Look up lacto-fermentation or anaerobic fermentation. You could feed it yogurt, but only plain unflavored yogurt. But that would still not be the same as vinegar--vinegar has different bacterium though they share some together. You can try white vinegar, it is a weaker, watered, filtered version of the other. Most of the time it may not even be like apple cider vinegar, it'll probably be fermented corn.

If you have actual parasites in the bird, you need to get its stool tested, and get a dewormer. Giving it something like vinegar will not help it. Neither will other "natural" methods, like pumpkin seeds or diatomaceous earth.

I jus tre-read it, but yes apple cider vinegar is perfectly safe, and if you are really worried about the water put 1/2 a teaspoon of REGULAR bleach in a 5 gallon waterer. Vinegar works the same is more preferred for its health benefits. You can also use it to ferment feed.

Parasites in what? The vinegar? Because there is no parasites in there unless you put them in there. Vinegar has bacteria in it to help keep the process of fermentation for the bacteria to live. Look up lacto-fermentation or anaerobic fermentation. You could feed it yogurt, but only plain unflavored yogurt. But that would still not be the same as vinegar--vinegar has different bacterium though they share some together. You can try white vinegar, it is a weaker, watered, filtered version of the other. Most of the time it may not even be like apple cider vinegar, it'll probably be fermented corn. 

If you have actual parasites in the bird, you need to get its stool tested, and get a dewormer. Giving it something like vinegar will not help it. Neither will other "natural" methods, like pumpkin seeds or diatomaceous earth.
How does vinegar help with the health? Btw thanks for all the help! :)

Back
Top Bottom