HR 875 - home farming bill - PLEASE NO POLITICAL ATTACKS _ INFO ONLY

Yes, BUT they are not excluded from the bill, they are covered in another section, titled "Food production Facilities"

They are only excluded from the sections covering "food establishments".

Also, to my understanding, if you butcher your own meat or game there is nothing to exclude you from being a "slaughter house"

We've been over this one already.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=142272

This (these) bills are amendments to other bills, so many of the definitions and exclusions you are seeking are in the original bills.

A brief overview though is that:

1) (exemption) You can slaughter up to 20,000 of your own birds a year.

2) (exemption) You can have up to 3000 laying hens.

They aren't after your garden/hobby/small/organic farm. They are after the big nationwide processors and for improving the quality of food products being imported into the country.

You can get a better idea of this if you read the above link (if you read it you'll see why I'm not getting into it again---my fingers couldn't take typing it all out again). It does get a little political on the first page. And it might seem harsh that I went off a little about the Libertarians. But the organization/web site that is behind the emails and most the blogs spreading this false rumor is run by the former campaign manager for Ron Pauls 2008 presidential run.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom