Hubby has figured out how to do Chicken Math!!

yuckyuck.gif

wsdareme you forgot that roos will give you fertile eggs so your calculations should be:
6+6=12+7-4+7+12=34-6=28+100=128!
lau.gif

7 Chicks from the hardware store... they send 10, dog gets the whole batch
he.gif
, reorder 10 (wife is mumbling about the dead ones) they send 12, dog gets those
somad.gif
, I get smarter than the dog and build a fort knox coop (lets see you get in there!) and I get 14 layers, 3 polish, 1 silkie and a banty rooster...., well he gets two polish, and the banty rooster!
barnie.gif
(fort knox had a whole in the chicken wire) I decided it was time to teach him a lesson, so I put the dispatched rooster in his crate with him for the night. He now walks around the chicken coop!
tongue2.gif
, so I got 4 more polish and 2 Flav's.

So lets get a couple chickens for eggs, turned into 7, turned into 22? hmmm how did that happpen?
ep.gif

Quote:
When my DH was a kid, they had a dog that killed one of their chickens.
barnie.gif
His dad wired the dead chicken around the dog's neck until it rotted off.
sickbyc.gif
The dog never even LOOKED at another chicken as long as he lived.
idunno.gif

I'll have to find out how many chickens they got to replace the one that was killed. I'm sure chicken math existed even back in the old days!
yippiechickie.gif

We got some goats in February after many years of wanting some, so I figured we needed chickens too (we had lost our 2 old hens a couple months before to hawks). My mother brought home 5 Araucana chicks (we later lost 1) from the feed store. A week later, my grandmother decided that we needed some Doms, so she brought home 5 chicks. Easter rolled around & DF gave me 2 Buff Orp chicks to make up for the one we lost. After seeing some pics of Black Jersey Giants I decided I really wanted some. When I saw a CL ad for some right down the road from us I figured it was fate. So, we added 9 black giants. DF & I decided that we needed the smallest breed, so I ordered Serama eggs. None hatched. We waited a couple of months & tried again in July. 3 hatched, but we lost 1 a couple of days later. DF says hatching out eggs is a lot of fun & that we need to set eggs in the incubator at least once a month. So, this month we have 10 Silkie eggs in bator.

So that's: 5-1+5+2+9+3-1=22 Plus, the guineas, the ducks, & the goose.

DF has decided that if we're going to be a farm we need to do it right. So now he wants a couple of cows for milk, some sheep to keep the grass cut, maybe an emu or two, & a donkey to put in with the goats. I'm more than fine with all of that
wink.png
. . . as long as I can have some more geese, more goats, a couple of horses, & some peafowl. And to think we originally wanted a few goats & no more than 6 chickens
lol.png
We live on 6 acres, but I think it won't be long before we outgrow it.

Last edited:
Lovin it

Well you could apply the chicken quad equation or invoke Pi

-B + Square root of: B squared-4AC

No wait thats giving me a headache....someone order me some more chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Caroline

We just recently had 3 guinea keets hatch. Gave 1 away, 1 died, which left a loner. It was so unhappy I went to feed store to get him/her a friend. Had to buy 6. Got 1 keet and 5 chicks. All chicks turned out to be roos. This feed store will exchange roos for hens, so brought back 3 of the roo to get 3 hens. DH thought 3 wasn't enough, so got 3 more. In the meantime 2 more keets hatched. Same story with the geese. Bought goslings at chickenstock. Somehow 1 ended up disappearing. Figured we need to get him/her a friend. Found someone selling goslings the same age, but he was selling them in pairs, so got 2 more. Then had the opportunity to replace the 1 that disappeared and so took a 3 hr drive to get a new gosling and ended up bring gosling home (to total 4) and 10 chicks as well. Our math is so great that we now have 78 birds. (guineas, chickens, ducks and geese)

Better yet, went to auction. We were supposed to bring some of our extra roos, but that didn't happen. Instead we end up bringing home a mini pot belly pig.
th.gif
Still not sure how that happened.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom