Hubby Tried to Help......Now I need Help

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
Last year I sold my forced air styro bators, I kept my still air hatcher as I thought I would have my Cabinet Bator fixed to use this year. We did not have time to fix the cabinet so I decided to fire up the still air, I put in a new wafer and got it steady at 101.5. I found a fan and bought it, thinking I could add it after this hatch. Hubby , being helpful asked me and I told him I wanted to add it to the bator, I failed to say "after this hatch" . Yesterday I was in the barn and came in. he had the fan in and hooked up, now I am only on day 3 and he heated a towel in the dryer and placed over the eggs for the few minutes it took him, but I realized later he had hooked the fan onto the heater wires so it came on only when the light came on! This somehow caused a temperature spike
he.gif

I immediately unhooked the fan from the wires, now, where the heck does it need to be hooked to? The instructions are vague at best , logic tells me it should be hooked into the power cord wires, but I am not an electrician. I finally got temps stable again and hope since it was Day 3 it did not cause too much harm.

Quote:
I plan to, but I would like to know how to wire it so I can make a note of it.

Can you contact the manufaturer? Maybe an online manual? I've never ahd to do that, so I'm not much help there. Sorry
hu.gif

Quote:

It's pretty easy really...the first thing you gotta do is relaaaaaax....don't be intimidated by that mess of wires...and then you just want to find the wires that come in from the power source and hook the fan up to those, as opposed to hooking them up to the thermostat.

You could probably just explain what you want to your husband and I'm sure he can figure it out. Or post pics of all the wires and myself or somebody else can say "this one goes to that one there, and that one goes to that other one over there."
smile.png

As with all electrical work, you want your wiring connections to be "frog butt tight". Otherwise, bad things can happen.

My pc fan in my homemade bator is wired to a 12 volt cell phone battery charger thingy and is plugged in separate from the lights and thermostat. Hence, it runs constantly.

Quote:

It's pretty easy really...the first thing you gotta do is relaaaaaax....don't be intimidated by that mess of wires...and then you just want to find the wires that come in from the power source and hook the fan up to those, as opposed to hooking them up to the thermostat.

You could probably just explain what you want to your husband and I'm sure he can figure it out. Or post pics of all the wires and myself or somebody else can say "this one goes to that one there, and that one goes to that other one over there."
smile.png

As with all electrical work, you want your wiring connections to be "frog butt tight". Otherwise, bad things can happen.

Hubby can build anything, but he is less mechanically inclined.....LOL I am the one who works on the vehicles etc, I thought that is how it should be, just really needed confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom