Hudson Valley NY *chat thread*

The cold weather is making me long for...Spring...and hatching!! What hatching eggs will people have available in the Spring? I live outside of Kingston and am looking for something...interesting!

I know, me too! I just today did a thorough cleaning of my incubator & hatchers. Now, I have to figure out how to separate a few breeding groups b4 I can put them on pasture again. Currently, they're in one big group with too few roosters, as the rest of the boys are in two "rooster coops".
By spring though, I should have hatching eggs available. Catskill Homesteader chickens (if on desktop - info in signature) - but basically they're my own original chickens - locally adapted, winter hardy "eye candy" dual-purpose chickens that are great foragers, lay various shades of brown & green eggs (adding a blue egg breeding group in spring) - plus some go broody.

Oh & I have a few Spitzhaubens, but not sure who I'll put them with or if I'll cross them as they're 2 different colors (blue & gold) yet all from a fellow BYC'er.

The cold weather is making me long for...Spring...and hatching!! What hatching eggs will people have available in the Spring? I live outside of Kingston and am looking for something...interesting!

I plan on having Ancona ducklings, Cream Legbar chicks in the spring. I'm about half an hour from Kingston (Pleasant Valley).

I plan on having Ancona ducklings, Cream Legbar chicks in the spring. I'm about half an hour from Kingston (Pleasant Valley).

We're like an hour & 1/2 (I think) from Kingston - in Delhi & will have hatching eggs in Spring - details in post above. But most likely too far unless you wanted to meet 1/2way.

Back
Top Bottom