Hudson Valley NY *chat thread*

Forgot to post a pic of my new rooster

Thanks Erica~

We had 13 orpington chicks. Serenity Lane took them home on Tuesday and I'm so glad she did...I was on the verge of not being able to resist keeping them.

At the moment I have 2 broody buff orpingtons sitting on a large clutch of eggs. Not sure exactly when they became hormonal psychopaths, though. I'm guessing they'll be hatching within the next week or so.

That's nice that Serenity Lane could take some. I know that feeling of wanting someone to take them so you don't have to keep them.

I have a few mixed banties that are going through the broody bit. They're all about 6 months old, and a few have given up, but 2 are sticking with it. It is cool to watch broody hens with their new babies. And so much easier than trying to raise them in the brooder.

I have Cream Legbar and some more duck eggs (Khaki Campbell & some Runner/KC crosses) in my incubator. Also a few of our mixed eggs. Why do I get the feeling that thing is going to be running all summer?

thank you I'm in love with him
He's VERY handsome! What breed is he?
That's nice that Serenity Lane could take some. I know that feeling of wanting someone to take them so you don't have to keep them.

I have a few mixed banties that are going through the broody bit. They're all about 6 months old, and a few have given up, but 2 are sticking with it. It is cool to watch broody hens with their new babies. And so much easier than trying to raise them in the brooder.

I have Cream Legbar and some more duck eggs (Khaki Campbell & some Runner/KC crosses) in my incubator. Also a few of our mixed eggs. Why do I get the feeling that thing is going to be running all summer?
It felt good to know they went to a good home.

We have some lavender orpingtons in the incubator...a gift from my DH for Mother's Day. I only want to keep 2 of them and if Coupe has any for sale, I may take a couple of hers...not sure if I want a rooster or not though. I have to think this through with my human brain and NOT with my chicken brain, After this hatch, I'm D-O-N-E. This is getting a little out of control. I'm concerned about coop space and integrating intimidates me. When are the duck eggs due to hatch?

He's VERY handsome! What breed is he?
It felt good to know they went to a good home.

We have some lavender orpingtons in the incubator...a gift from my DH for Mother's Day. I only want to keep 2 of them and if Coupe has any for sale, I may take a couple of hers...not sure if I want a rooster or not though. I have to think this through with my human brain and NOT with my chicken brain, After this hatch, I'm D-O-N-E. This is getting a little out of control. I'm concerned about coop space and integrating intimidates me. When are the duck eggs due to hatch?
he's a Mille Fleur d'Uccle Bantam now i'm thinking i might try to get a hen

Back
Top Bottom