HUGE feathers for costumes

Hey, sorry everyone, I stopped receiving notifications.:hmm
I only found this yesterday.
Do you still need feathers?
I have male and female pea wings. I have been collecting them a few years, hoping someone could use them.
I have not measured them yet. If you are interested, I can measure them.
I dont know if they are long enough, you could possibly use them for fill in or detail..

PVA foam or a 120 lb bond or thicker cardstock. You're going to want something that will hold shape and not be floppy, but also not too heavy or expensive. PVA foam is what most cosplayers use for costuming. It's fairly inexpensive, can be shaped with heat and will hold shape, comes in a variety of colors, and can be easily painted to your finish color.
I think this is probably what I’ll end up doing. I am also considering glueing two sheets of fabric together, and putting some sort of dowl/wire in the middle for support.

Ok thought this was going to be a joke about molt season. 🤪

Went out to the coop this morning I saw what looked like a pillow fight. You know all the BYCers could ship you the feathers. :lau

I'd love to see what you come up with. 🤔
Haha, my chickens are molting so much I could make countless things with the feathers. :lol: I have some poor little naked chickens right now.

I’ll post a picture once it’s completed!

I only found this yesterday.
Do you still need feathers?
I have male and female pea wings. I have been collecting them a few years, hoping someone could use them.
I have not measured them yet. If you are interested, I can measure them.
I dont know if they are long enough, you could possibly use them for fill in or detail..
Yeah, I’m still looking. I finished the frame a few days ago, so now I’m back looking for feathers again.
Some measurements would be fantastic, if you don’t mind! I’m open to all options.

Here is the frame for those interested. 89037357-7B84-4AF5-B0C1-539170E9D4E3.jpeg
Please ignore the disaster in the background. :D

I think this is probably what I’ll end up doing. I am also considering glueing two sheets of fabric together, and putting some sort of dowl/wire in the middle for support.
The PVA is an excellent choice. Easy to work with and some flex with movement.
If you ever need peafowl feathers, I collect them twice every day.
From the tiny contuor feathers around the face, tail and down. I have some of them all.
I do not collect dirty feathers and clean them.
Dirty feathers get tossed out.
I also have Silky feathers in all colors, chicken feathers and some wild species bird feathers...

Back
Top Bottom