HUGE feathers for costumes

Right and left wing Primary Flight feathers from the male.
These will be the largest, or close to largest in lenght.
Few may be longer, not many. The female wing primaries are 2-3 inches shorter.
All of the primaries, male and female, are the same in coloration.
The secondaries are a more copper coloration... again, male secondaries are slightly longer than the females.
20220928_112717.jpg

I have these from 1" up to 10"....
Every feather my peafowl drop from their body, I probably have many of each different one.
LoL.
WAAAY too many to count or even guess at.
I could reproduce 3 peafowl with feathers..

Attachments

• 20220928_114825.jpg
    20220928_114825.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 1
The PVA is an excellent choice. Easy to work with and some flex with movement.
If you ever need peafowl feathers, I collect them twice every day.
From the tiny contuor feathers around the face, tail and down. I have some of them all.
I do not collect dirty feathers and clean them.
Dirty feathers get tossed out.
I also have Silky feathers in all colors, chicken feathers and some wild species bird feathers...

Right and left wing Primary Flight feathers from the male.
These will be the largest, or close to largest in lenght.
Few may be longer, not many. The female wing primaries are 2-3 inches shorter.
All of the primaries, male and female, are the same in coloration.
The secondaries are a more copper coloration... again, male secondaries are slightly longer than the females.View attachment 3274240
Wow, those are much larger than I expected! They’re beautiful feathers!
If you cant use these, no problem. Do you think if I posted photos in a new thread, anyone would want these?
Surely someone could use them in some way.
I think I’m going to plan on using the PVA foam, but I’ll let you know if anything changes. I’m hoping to use these wings for future costumes, and me being as clumsy as heck, I would be worried I’d break them lol. Thank you for the offer though!

I’m sure someone would want them! They’re beautiful feathers for crafts and decorations. Maybe it’s unreasonable, but could you potentially sell them at a flea market?

It looks like you've got joints, so the wings can actually open and close? Neat idea!

If the background bothers you, you could toss a sheet or blanket over it next time you take a picture.
Yeah, that was the thought! Sadly I can’t take credit for the original idea. :oops: I’ve seen ideas like that online. Thank you though.:D

That’s a great idea. Once they’re all finished I’ll most likely do that.

Back
Top Bottom