Huge Frickin' Egg

one of my black australorps laid one larger than this(I am boring-pic is on paper(several years ago) so will have to scan the pic and try to post(think thats how its done?) the egg would not fit in carton because it was too wide and certainly tall. can not imagin how that happens and must feel! but she was fine afterwards. and it was a single large yolk that we ate.

That is quite an egg. I get them like that once in awhile. I seem to get a lot of long skinny eggs from my Red Stars and Amberlinks. They're so "tall" that the egg carton won't shut. By the way, why does the shell look so wrinkley on the real large ones?

Had one like that yestderday and I believe that it is from one of the new White Rocks. It was 3 inches also and we had it this morning for breakfast. 2 1/2 yolks very dark orange and very tasty!

I have a hen that lays an egg like that...large, wrinkly but weak shell. I have found that the eggs in this kind of egg are on the watery side.

My golden campine laid an egg that looked like a snowman and the funny part is that she laid it the day before we had a major snowstorm last December. I think that she was predicting the weather
lol.png

It even has a snowman face (those markings were there--I didn't add them):

10146_img_3488.jpg

This show's how it is attached in the back of the egg:

10146_img_3487.jpg

Back
Top Bottom