Human health concerns

CrazyCraig

In the Brooder
Aug 27, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA
Hello, I didn't know where else to post this so, I was wondering if anyone can provide me any human health concerns with raising back yard chickens? We have recently been told of a sinus fungal infection as a result of living next door to a few chickens. I can't find any information anywhere about this and am unable to get any more information from the source.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

We know someone who is sick and they are claiming that living next to a backyard chickens, that is kept clean, is the cause. Like I said I couldn't find any information and they are unable to provide more details as well.
The only thing I can think of is that they might be allergic to chicken feathers which could cause a sinus infection. Which unless the neighbor is coming over everyday or the coop is particularly close to their property I doubt it would be much of an issue. It's kinda like complaining that your neighbor is cutting the grass too much and it causes you a sinus infection because you are allergic to grass.

Good grief. I guess its time that they need to move!
Ignore them.
Heres something funny: a complainer guy was complaing that his neighbor cut his grass at 0800 every Saturday morning. The said complainer wanted his neighbor to stop mowing every Saturday morning! Did he stop mowing every Sat. Morning? No! It was his yard and it was the only day and time he could mow.
Keep your chickens in your yard and do your thing. If she doesnt like it,
She could move or get a job and stay busy.
Good grief.

We know someone who is sick and they are claiming that living next to a backyard chickens, that is kept clean, is the cause. Like I said I couldn't find any information and they are unable to provide more details as well.

I recall a post a few years ago that was strikingly similar.
Their neighbor was claiming the chickens caused histoplasmosis in their husband. Turned out to not be the case at all of course.

As long as your birds are legal I would not worry about it. It would be incredibly difficult to PROVE that your birds were the cause of their sinus issue.

The MOST I would do would be to continue to keep the chicken house clean.

Back
Top Bottom