Human pregnancy and owning quail

Fernan18

In the Brooder
May 8, 2019
Hello,
We’ve had our quail close to a year now. My husband and I just found out we are expecting, and I started to look into your typical pregnancy do’S and dont’s - one of the do nots was changing the cats littler box due to toxins. thought I’d reach out to everyone - Has anyone experienced a pregnancy themselves or their significant other where they were told/know to stay away from their quails/birds feces due to toxins or other reasons?

Much appreciated!

Hello,
We’ve had our quail close to a year now. My husband and I just found out we are expecting, and I started to look into your typical pregnancy do’S and dont’s - one of the do nots was changing the cats littler box due to toxins. thought I’d reach out to everyone - Has anyone experienced a pregnancy themselves or their significant other where they were told/know to stay away from their quails/birds feces due to toxins or other reasons?

Much appreciated!
Litter boxes are to be avoided since cats (domestic and wild) excrete Toxoplasma gondii which can have some reallybad effects on a pregnancy.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4468368/
This link talks about quail being susceptible to T. gondii but doesn't mention whether or not they excrete it.
As a precautionary measure I would say stay away from all forms of animal poop until the baby is launched :)

Litter boxes are to be avoided since cats (domestic and wild) excrete Toxoplasma gondii which can have some reallybad effects on a pregnancy.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4468368/
This link talks about quail being susceptible to T. gondii but doesn't mention whether or not they excrete it.
As a precautionary measure I would say stay away from all forms of animal poop until the baby is launched :)
Thank you for the info

Hello,

Much appreciated!
No, just cat boxes.

Back
Top Bottom