Humane way to stop mice from invading quail cage

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jaws traps are the best.
B62478FB-DCC5-4956-BEE5-9B56FAB2ACD0.jpeg
But you did say no traps. Have you tried a heavy coat of bearing grease on the cage legs?

I prefer snap traps for rodents. Take the quails’ food out at night and bait your traps with peanut butter at the base of the cage. Snap traps are faster and more humane than poison, if you’re looking for a humane way to get rid of mice.

You mention your cage has legs. Are they able to get in through other means than this? Cuz if they're just climbing the legs to get in, maybe a "climbing shield" would be helpful. You'll probably have to make it stick out a bit far as they can stretch. Hopefully you'd be able to do something like that to keep them out. :)
A climbing shield sounds very interesting. Never heard of it though. Will I be able to find that online?

A climbing shield sounds very interesting. Never heard of it though. Will I be able to find that online?
Think of a funnel that is split down one side to allow it to be place onto a rope or pole. They use them on ropes to keep rats from getting on to ships and boats. They shouldn't be too hard to make and they do work very well. We have used them on bird feeder poles to keep rats and squirrels out of them.

Think of a funnel that is split down one side to allow it to be place onto a rope or pole. They use them on ropes to keep rats from getting on to ships and boats. They shouldn't be too hard to make and they do work very well. We have used them on bird feeder poles to keep rats and squirrels out of them.
Thanks for the idea. I'll see what I can use to make these funnels. I'll probably find something around the house. Ty. 👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom