Humidaire Incubator Incubation & Hatching

Eggs-otic

In the Brooder
May 10, 2015
Just wanting some advice ! I am incubating Marans chicken eggs for the first time in a Humidaire incubator with automatic turner, which tilts the eggs back a forth once an hour. The trays that hold the eggs are meant to lay the eggs on their side, instead of standing them on end. Will that effect the hatchability. Do I need to do any additional hand turning ? Any help would be appreciated !!! I was reading that humidity should be 45 to 50%, but I was told today by someone who hatches eggs that my humidity is too high for Marans and should be dry incubation, which should run around 35 to 37%. The book that came with the incubator says you can lay or stand the eggs either way and no additional hand turning required. Just wondering if their is a better choice for the best success ?
Thanks ....

Just wanting some advice ! I am incubating Marans chicken eggs for the first time in a Humidaire incubator with automatic turner, which tilts the eggs back a forth once an hour. The trays that hold the eggs are meant to lay the eggs on their side, instead of standing them on end. Will that effect the hatchability. Do I need to do any additional hand turning ? Any help would be appreciated !!! I was reading that humidity should be 45 to 50%, but I was told today by someone who hatches eggs that my humidity is too high for Marans and should be dry incubation, which should run around 35 to 37%. The book that came with the incubator says you can lay or stand the eggs either way and no additional hand turning required. Just wondering if their is a better choice for the best success ?
Thanks ....
As far as turning, it doesn't make a difference if they are turned upright by tilting or laying down by rotating. I agree with the humidity with any eggs. I like 30-35% Anything over 45% makes me nervouse. The best way to keep track of if your humidity is working for your eggs is by monitoring and marking the air cells. The link in my signature at the bottom has a good egg pictorial for air cells and the method that I use. Good luck on your hatch!

Back
Top Bottom