humidity.... ahhhh

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Littleducky, May 21, 2010.

1. Littleducky

Littleducky Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2008
    La Center, Wa
    I have gone into lockdown with my wood duck eggs, and I can't get the humidity above 60%. I have a wet sponge in there and the vent holes plugged. What else can I do. I lost one egg that should have hatched this weekend and I think it was do to this. What can I do?

2. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    I got mine to 70% for my wood ducks and they hatched perfectly. I had a little dish with a sponge in it and filled that up plus I have the hovabator so I just filled the tray beneath the wire with water.

3. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

You are not saying what kind of incubator. Plus is your hygrometer calibrated? It could be off. Another way to increase it is to hang cloth strips into the water and have it go up on the side of the incubator. This will get the moisture up a lot.
    Katharina

4. Littleducky

Littleducky Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2008
    La Center, Wa
    I just have a regular lg. But i have never had any problems with getting my humidity up. I am wondering if I should move it up from the basement. We are in a new house this year and I thought that the basement would be the best area considering it stays pretty constant in temp down there.

Well I will keep my fingers crossed. I had great luck with wood ducks last time. This time is a little tougher it seems

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by