Humidity Control in Farm Inovator 4200

Tman992

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 1, 2014
I just recently purchsed a farm inavotor 4200 circulating incubator . Its the 1st day no eggs. I have the temp about right but the HUMIDITY IS CRAZY !!! Its reading 80ish all the time i have a electronic one in there with it but it still reeds the same!! Will it go down over time?? Did I put to much water ??? Also when refilling how much do i need in so it wont spike up again ???HELP ME THANKS!!!!!

humidity is based on surface area so just remove the water and allow the unit to stabilize dry then add water to as many channels as it takes to get around 30 to 40%

ok i added water to all channels is that why its so high???

yep number of channels equals level of humidity. Depth of water makes no difference (once the water has warmed up) so use less channels to drop the humidity,

Good news when it comes to lock down you know how many channels you need to get to 70-80%.

Quote:
I have the same incubator. I start out with one table spoon of water in a small Tupperware container and then let it set several hours - adding more only if needed. I plug one hole with a dime sitting on it and leave the other open. I DO NOT add water to the bottom - only using the container.

I got it all figured out know - thanks evryone !! The red plugs are out and humidity stays perfect !! Hopefully the hatch will be good !!!

Back
Top Bottom