Humidity, FINALLY! story and question

WiseChicks

Songster
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
Hudson, WI
So, I made my cabinet incubator, and while it holds temps beautifully, I have not been able to get the humidity over 30%. I have 2 huge roaster pans of water and 2 loaf pans of water in there!!

So, today I stopped at Target to get my son some more Tylenol because he is in an insane growth spurt and his legs hurt so much and he is getting muscle spasms because the tendons are tight. Right next to the Tylenol were clearance humdifers! There was small warm mist humidifier left for $7!!! So, it is sitting on top of the cabinet, next to the bathroom vent fan that is in the top of the cabinet, and I have a large rubbermaid tub enclosing the hunmidifier and the fan and forcing all that nice hmid warm air into the bator. I just checked and I am at 53% humidity!
celebrate.gif

I am on day 9, but I am wondering if I should go a little high on the humidity for a few days since they might have dried out too fast the first week???
idunno.gif
Any advise would be appreciated. I am so excited for this hatch!

Katie:weee

Last edited:
I wouldn't have the humidity that high.

Take it back down to 40%... they should be find till day 18 when you raise the level.

I set my humidity by weight loss of the eggs.

I find that I am usually running about 42% humidity to get the right weight loss at day 18.

I started doing this after I pretty much killed my first hatch by trying to keep the humidity at 60 - 65%.

..... so I would advise to reduce back down to 40 ish and then increasing it to 65 ish for 18 - 21.

..... GREAT IDEA and set up!!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom