humidity for peacock eggs

Here is an egg that I set under a hen on 5-15, you can see veins and it's definitely moving.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Here are pics from today can anyone say if its not right?
. They were put in may 10th. Suppose to hatch on my bday and were going to be a Mother's Day present but I think it's not going to hatch. I'm alittle worried I won't have a "gift" to give my mom :(

It might be viable... Does ot move at all? I'll take a picture of one that I set on the 5-12 for comparison.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Set 5-12 in incubator - This egg has veins and was moving when I took the picture.

Edit - This is Egg number 7, so if it hatches, the chick will be number 7, lol.

Last edited:
If you are both hatching and incubating peacock in the same machine at the same time, you should run the humidity at 60%. If you have a separate hatcher you should set the humidity to 70% or even 75% for the last three days. Check your temperature with different thermometers that you feel are reliable. Reliable thermometers will not be the cheap ones. Acurate humidity and temperature levels are critical. The interesting thing about incubators is that most people who run one have no clue as to how they operate. Do not depend on the digital controls on GQF incubators to provide accurate readings without verifying them. Set the humidity levels with a thermometer and sock wick. Set your humidity level using a wide pan with plenty of surface. The pans provided by GQF are OK but forget about the wicks they provide. Let me say one more thing about GQF incubators. Do not purchase one with the digital controls. It may not be easy to find at their site but they still make one with waffer thermostats. Again, steer away from the digital controls.

Check out my peacock photos at my facebook. Search for Doug's peacock farm.

Hi please advise for peafowl eggs i am using 50%-55% humidity for first 25 days then shifting eggs to hatcher where i raise the humidity to 65%-70% does this sound correct as a local who also hatches peafowl says humidity should be 80% during the whole 26-28 days of incubation please advise

Back
Top Bottom