Humidity help with different hatch dates.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Kerrie Ann, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Kerrie Ann

Kerrie Ann Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2011
    Berkley , Ma
    [​IMG]I have different hatch dates. I am worried about humidity. What should I be keeping it at? I know I am suppose to increase it at the end during lockdown.

HELP PLEASE.

2. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Most people don't do staggered hatches unless they have a second incubator to hatch the eggs in. How many different hatch dates, how far apart are you looking at? When are the first ones due to hatch? Do you have an option to borrow or purchase a second incubator? If you could rig up a lamp in an aquarium or other closed box to maintain the right temp, you could move the eggs that are not as far along to that temporarily, but, it would be a bit of a challenge to maintain the correct temp and humidity without a thermostat. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that it will be difficult. I'd recommend that the next time, you save your eggs and set them at the same time. I wish you the best of luck.

3. wantedman66

wantedman66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    connecticut
    Yes I agree you definately need another incubator to move them into or risk losing them because the humidity levels need to be different during regular incubation and lockdown.

4. Kerrie Ann

Kerrie Ann Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2011
    Berkley , Ma
    Thank you all very much. We are working in getting another incubator. We maybe doing this again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by