HUMIDITY HUMIDITY HELP

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by starryeyes, Apr 21, 2009.

1. starryeyes

starryeyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    So i have read different things about what it should be for the bator. I have a Hova bator with fan egg turner ect. i have chicks and duck eggs in there what works best as far as what should humidity stay at???

2. Panther Creek Poultry

Panther Creek Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    Clarksburg, MO
    I incubate at 40 - 45% and then up to 65% at hatch. there are as many opinions are there are number on the hygrometer, so take it with a grain of salt.

3. Smokin Silkies

Smokin Silkies formerly browneyebuttafly

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    I was just reading that duck eggs need much more humidity than a chicken egg and not to put them together. I was searching for the right humidity for my first hatch and I got so many different answers also. I guess just pick one and see if that works for you. It all depends on the season, where you are from, etc. You will get many answers on this question. I just did chicken eggs and I chose to do 30%-40% days 1-18 and 45%-55% the last 3 days. This may work for you, or it may not. I would definately check with putting duck and chicken eggs together though. Good Luck!

4. LoveMyBirds

LoveMyBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Quote:I use the 30-50% range to day 18 also.. and then try to keep it at 50%-60% after that..

I had so many eggs and wanted to hatch them before they went bad, so I put Duck, Turkey, and Chicken eggs together in one of my incubators..

Like BrownEyeButtafly stated ..NOT good ideal.... LOL [​IMG]

But I didn't want them to go bad on me... So hoping for you and for me on this round.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by