Humidity issues please help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Swissmiss989, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Swissmiss989

Swissmiss989 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    I currently have a circulated air incubater with forced air fan kit. model 10200. I currently run a humidity level of 44% but I cant get it to go higher. My water trays are filled to the brim. My temp is between 99 and 101. I do not have eggs in yet but I need to set them today! Any advice? Am I doing this wrong? Should I get a different thermometer? Please help me out! I dont want to kill my babies [​IMG]

2. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Did you calbrate your hydrometer? It should be higher if everything is full.

3. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I was having issues too but I don't know how to calibrate... Any instructions on how or point me in the right direction for that? Thanks

4. Swissmiss989

Jun 5, 2011
    No I guess I didnt. How do you do that?

5. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

6. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

7. Swissmiss989

Jun 5, 2011
    Thats awesome! Thanks! I just put my eggs in and the hygrometer jumped up to 60. (i changed thermometers) This one is suppose to be accurate up to 0.1%. My first one was reading 44% my new one said 50% and after the eggs it reads 60%.

8. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:I was having issues too but I don't know how to calibrate... Any instructions on how or point me in the right direction for that? Thanks

I'm sorry Tiny, I had to go back to work, I was on my lunch and racing to time clock, I hope you what you needed, that is the web page I went to also, only I google it, its easier then looking at lots of threads, most the time google will give you BYC threads, check it out much easier. My hatch proved that I needed to calibrate again to make sure it is right, only got two duccle's and one died, the last were stuck in shells. I have a hatch going into lock down tonight, just waiting for it to get dark so I can candle before I lock them down.
    Michele

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by