Humidity levels - Brinsea Ovation 28 EX

MartyB

Hatching
Aug 10, 2020
Has anyone had experience with the Brinsea Ovation 28 EX Fully Automatic? - i have just bought one.
I would like some advice on humidity levels Days 1-18 and then for hatching for chickens.
The recommendation from Brinsea is 50-55% Days 1-18 and then 70-75% for hatching.
I would be glad of tips for best results from anyone that has used this incubator.
Many thanks
Marty

Hi!
I have not used this incubator personally, but have tons of experience with hatching chicks artificially; I use a GQF 1502 Sportsman & 1550 (which I highly recommend if it’s in your budget).
I’ve hatched maybe close to nearly 1,000+ chicks ranging from: chickens, quails, ducks, peafowl, and pheasants. Humidity is a relatively “touchy“ subject when it comes to hatching. Some people say that a certain humidity is worse or better because of their own personal experiences. I’ve used humidity ranges from 45-50%, 50-55%, and 55-60%; for hatching I’ve used 55-60%, 60-65%, and 65-70%. To be frank, I have had 85-95% hatch rate with all these humidity ranges. I feel the best humidity for setting days 1-18 (chickens) is 50-55%, preferably 55% or as close to 55% as possible. For “lockdown” 70%. With these two humidity percentages (55&70%). I had the 95% hatch rate out of 110+ eggs. I hope this helps 😊

Hi!
I have not used this incubator personally, but have tons of experience with hatching chicks artificially; I use a GQF 1502 Sportsman & 1550 (which I highly recommend if it’s in your budget).
I’ve hatched maybe close to nearly 1,000+ chicks ranging from: chickens, quails, ducks, peafowl, and pheasants. Humidity is a relatively “touchy“ subject when it comes to hatching. Some people say that a certain humidity is worse or better because of their own personal experiences. I’ve used humidity ranges from 45-50%, 50-55%, and 55-60%; for hatching I’ve used 55-60%, 60-65%, and 65-70%. To be frank, I have had 85-95% hatch rate with all these humidity ranges. I feel the best humidity for setting days 1-18 (chickens) is 50-55%, preferably 55% or as close to 55% as possible. For “lockdown” 70%. With these two humidity percentages (55&70%). I had the 95% hatch rate out of 110+ eggs. I hope this helps 😊
Thanks very much thats very helpful, so far it has been very consistent at whatever humidity i have set it at it never ventures more than 2% above or below. I will keep it close to 55% and around 70% for hatching and hope for a good hatch rate.
Many thanks
Marty

Thanks very much thats very helpful, so far it has been very consistent at whatever humidity i have set it at it never ventures more than 2% above or below. I will keep it close to 55% and around 70% for hatching and hope for a good hatch rate.
Many thanks
Marty
Of course! Glad I could help, I hope you have a great hatch.
P.S. I had a temperature of 99.5°F for all hatches. I don't know how I forgot the temperature, lol.

Back
Top Bottom