humidity levels low

davekrista

Songster
9 Years
Jun 9, 2010
Uxbridge, MA
Since I took out my porous egg yesterday, I have been having trouble with getting my humidity level up. I keep adding water but i can't get it above 50%. Any ideas? Seems like the more water i add the lower it gets...... I have even misted the eggs and still can't get it higher. I have lockdown on the 25th of oct. so we're getting close and I know i will have to get the humidity even higher....

That is your problem. Never use room temp water takes time to warm up and produce humidity. Go straight to the tap and use warm water. You are not in lock down yet, so you can take some out and start over with the right temp.

Also, keep in mind that humidity is largely controlled by water surface area. If it is too low, you need to try to find a way to expand the surface area of the water by adding containers or even sponges. Misting the eggs does the opposite of what it would seem like, it actually makes the eggs dehydrate more not less. If you are trying to add humidity, I am guessing it is because your eggs have dehydrated too much? If so, misting them will be counterproductive. If you are raising the humidity for lockdown, 9 days in advance is too early. Always go by your air cell sizes in adjusting the humidity.

Quote:
I was trying to get the humidity level back to normal (55%) - for some reason it had dropped when I tossed out the porous egg so i was trying to get it back to normal. I was afraid if i wasn't able to get it back under control and normal, then it would be that much harder to get it up to the lockdown humidity. But using the hot water brought it to normal.

Back
Top Bottom