Humidity question

HappyHatch'en :

I've heard from many long time poultry people, plus doing my research that humidity readings should be 55% for the first 18 days and 65% for the last three days (page 128...."Story's Guide to raising Poultry"....I'm trying to learn away to raise it, other than a pan of water with a small sponge...
Happy Hatch'en Folks

I'm sure that works well for you at your elevation. Not so much at 4700 feet.
smile.png
If you notice most of the people on here that use lower humidity are also at lower elevations.

I tried the lower humidity settings all summer and fall and got dismal hatches. When I raised it to 75% I started getting 80% + hatches. It's very important to consider your elevation when deciding on your humidity. It's equally important to practice until you get it right and do what works for you.​

I just threw in a warm wet wash cloth to see if it will raise the humidity, remember I have a 2 cu. ft. incubator at Radio Shack $20 unit is telling me I have only 24% and that was with a cake pan and sponge in it. ALSO I just checked my local weather here in Georgia....35% Humidity.....mmmmmmmmm that might have something to do with it....I'm even boiling water on the stove.
Happy Hatch'en

Back
Top Bottom